Tuesday, March 31 in Calvin Hall.
Urgent Need for Blood due to COVID-19 Outbreak
The American Red Cross is planning to hold the First Presbyterian Church Bloodmobile on Tuesday, March 31 in Calvin Hall from 2:30-7:00 PM. The blood drive is held in memory of Harold and Barbara Lloyd, loyal Red Cross volunteers for many years.
The American Red Cross is closely monitoring the evolving situation regarding the outbreak of Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID19). Now more than ever there is an urgent need for blood. The upcoming blood drive can help prevent a blood shortage. The Red Cross is taking actions to help ensure the safety of donors, recipients. volunteers, staff and the blood supply. At each blood drive Red Cross employees will follow thorough safety protocols. In addition to standard procedures, you will notice the following at the blood drive:
- Pre-donation Donor Temperature Screening prior to entering blood drive
- Enhanced Disinfecting-Hand sanitizer at check-in, health history and refreshment areas
- Social Distancing allowing as much distance as possible between donors
- Staff Wellness and Protection including staff temperature checks and gloves
- Increased Educational Materials and a stop sign at entrance to divert ineligible donors. Detailed donor eligibility is available at RedCrossBlood.org.
Donor registration is now available. To schedule an appointment go to
RedCrossBlood.org and use the sponsor code FPC. If you need assistance or information you may contact Lucy Kernodle, Site Coordinator, at email@example.com. Please schedule your appointment as soon as possible so you will get the time you want. The site, redcrossblood.org also gives information about guidelines about who may donate blood and what to expect as a blood donor.
A new tool, RapidPass enables donors to complete pre-reading and questions online on the day of the blood drive reducing their onsite registration time by 15 minutes. Visit redcrossblood.org/RapidPass to get your pass on March 31. Rapid Pass does not take the place of scheduling an appointment.
You can put the power of faith into action and help save a life! Please consider donating blood on March 31 if you are healthy and well! Thank you!