In 2017, FPC, along with eight local churches, banded together to sponsor the building of a Habitat home. This build was in response to the many issues we faced at the time that threatened to widen the divide between races and cultures. Our goal was to provide an opportunity for people of different races and cultural backgrounds to work together to not only assist in building a safe and secure home for a family in need of assistance but to build and strengthen relationships between churches and members resulting in new opportunities for cooperation and communication as we actively serve as God’s hands and feet in this community.
The FPC Local Missions Committee has accepted a proposal to again initiate a Unity Build project with Habitat for 2021-2022. The Session has accepted the proposal. FPC will be the sponsor of the build and is beginning to contact and recruit other church sponsors. The cost of a sponsorship for a Habitat Home is $30,000. FPC and the participating churches will be raising funds to complete the project which will likely be scheduled in late 2021 or spring 2022. Covid 19 issues could impact the schedule to some degree but we think this is a good estimate at this point. In any event, we will be following Habitat workplace policies and procedures to ensure the safety of all participants in the construction progress.
With Grateful Hearts — It is always good to share wonderful news! Part of our commitment is to provide funds to sponsor the build. The FPCB Foundation Board has approved giving nearly $6000 toward the build! We are so very thankful for the support of the Foundation and the ability to serve the community because of their generosity.
You, the members and friends of FPC, can engage in the 2021-22 Unity Build by volunteering to serve as crew members, devotion leaders and or providers of refreshments to work crews. Other ongoing activities that will be occurring include:
- Identifying and securing co-sponsor churches and organizations
- Coordinating with Habitat to ensure that the Unity 2021-22 Build will meet all the requirements specified by Habitat to ensure a safe and successful build
- Initiating and maintaining timely communications with co-sponsors regarding build responsibilities, work schedules, status updates and build progress
- Coordinating with co-sponsors to provide morning devotions and mid-morning snacks for work crews
- Recruiting and scheduling FPC members to serve as build crew members, devotion leaders and refreshment providers
- Providing timely communications through church channels regarding build activities and progress
We hope to have a project schedule with specific dates in the near future to assist volunteers in making plans to join us in the Unity Build. If you have questions prior to the next communication, please contact either
Bill Rodgers, 336-650-5185, BJCOVECOTTAGE@GMAIL.COM
Charlotte Nance-Albright, CCE 336-228-1703 x 223, email@example.com