Online Faith Formation for Spring, 2020
Because of the COVID-19 stay-at-home restrictions, our formation classes are now online. Here is what we have available:
Faith Formation does not stop just because we cannot gather at the building! Join one of these opportunities online!
If you would like to participate in any of these online classes, please contact Charlotte Nance-Allbright for the link you will need to access the gathering.
Lunch Bunch Book Club Schedule
Meet Our Mission Partners
Join us for a special Zoom gathering with our Mission Partners: Charles and Melissa Johnson in Zambia; and John McCall in Taiwan. As the coronavirus has had worldwide impact, it is more important than ever to connect with our Mission Partners, hear (and see!) the stories about their mission communities, and discover what we can do as their brothers and sisters in Christ. Contact Charlotte Nance-Allbright for the Zoom link. YES, you can call in with your phone if you do not want to join the class via computer, tablet or smartphone!
Recording of class #1 — Wednesday, June 3, Meet Chenoa Stock, Peru
Also from John McCall: Recording of Mali, Mali by aboriginal students from Taipei Aboriginal Student Center in Taipei. Click here for recording.
Jeremiah: The Weeping Prophet — Online Wrap-Up Session with Ron Shive
Linked here, Access Password: 0E%0668M
Mickey Efird wanted to make sure you had an opportunity for your own faith formation, so he came by the church and recorded two parts of the lesson on 1 Corinthians that he was going to lead in in the John Knox Fellowship class this May!
Here are the links to the recordings. Just click on the link and it should open up the recording!
Learning About the Israel-Palestine Conflict from a Jewish Perspective
Coming to Know God
This class has finished. If you were not enrolled and would like to view the classes, here are the recordings.
1) Monday, April 13: Coming to Know God Zoom Class – Session 1
Access Password: H2+=U.7f
The reading materials assigned for this class were:
1. Were Neanderthals Religious?
2.How Wonder Makes Us Human
2) Wednesday, April 15: Coming to Know God Zoom Class – Session 2
The reading materials assigned for this class were: aeon.co/essays/enlightenment-does-not-demand-disenchantment-with-the-world
3) Monday, April 20: Coming to Know God Zoom Class – Session 3
Access Password: 9a#wzn8$
The reading materials for today’s class (April 20) were:
The article is entitled, “A Revolution in Time,” and may be found at this link:
4) Wednesday, April 22: Coming to Know God Zoom Class – Session 4
Access Password: 2B^k?$N*
The reading material for this class was:
“What Is the Soul, If Not a Better Version of Ourselves?”
5) Monday, April 27: Coming to Know God Zoom Class – Session 5
Access Password: 7h@5P#%M
The reading material for this class was:
6) Wednesday, April 29: Coming to Know God Zoom Class – Session 6
Access Password: 6i#Y&j5s
- 10:00 a.m. on Sundays
Hearing and seeing stuff about Zoom but don’t know what Zoom is? Check it out! www.zoom.us
If you do not have access to online resources and you would like us to send you a faith formation resource in the mail or email, please contact Charlotte Nance-Allbright.
- Zoom gatherings each Wednesday evening. This forum gives our faithful singers a chance for fellowship and to see one another in this time of physical distance.
- A Video from the Contemplative Ministry Team, April 16, 2020: Be Still and Know
- Please Enjoy this 5-Minute Breathing Meditation (available on Facebook): This breathing meditation is from Denise DeForest Pastoor, MEd, APRN-BC, CHTP/I, CWP, RYT who is a Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist with Sunstonewellness.com.
- Spiritual Practice Video from Nan Perkins: During these stressful times, you are invited to join Nan Perkins by video here in a spiritual practice recommended by the FPC Contemplative Ministry group – The Practice of Presence: The Three Breaths.
Jane Wellford has graciously offered to share with us the Tuesday Meditation Reflections she creates for the FPC Tuesday Meditation Group. Since the Coronavirus has interrupted these in-person meetings, the Contemplative Ministries Committee thought that it would be a good idea to share these meditations with the entire congregation until we could all be together again. Each week, the reflection will be posted on our website on Tuesday morning.FPC Lunch Bunch Book Club