We will be having a 30-minute outdoor in-person worship service at 8:30 a.m. on Sundays, weather permitting. Please bring a chair or blanket. Social distancing and masks will be required. No signup necessary. Check our website and Facebook page in case we have to cancel due to inclement weather or wet conditions.
Service Moving Indoors on May 2!
We are happy to welcome you to in-person worship in a safe and sacredly-distanced capacity in the Sanctuary beginning on Sunday, May 2. Your staff and the COVID-19 Re-Entry Task Force have developed the following plan.
There will be two identical services offered—an 8:30 a.m. Inside In-Person Service and a 10:00 a.m. Live Streamed Service.
The May 10:00 a.m. service will be available online, Facebook, and PhoneStreaming and have no in-person worshipers, except for confirmation on May 2, Youth Sunday on May 16, and a baptism on May 23. Beginning June 6, we anticipate adding in-person worshippers at the 10:00 a.m. service.
Please register for 8:30 a.m. in-person worship during May using the link below. Please register all of those attending in your pod in one order. Since we have a limited capacity, you are encouraged to register ahead of time. If you have trouble registering or have any questions, please contact Tracy Barker (336-228-1703) in the church office. Worship will be limited for the in-person service to 70 people.
All worshippers will covenant to follow the following COVID-safety protocol. Your registration will serve as acknowledgement of you and your family’s covenant.
Sacred distancing. Mask wearing. No congregational singing. Not exactly what any of us would have hoped for as we gather to worship. However, we are deeply grateful for the opportunity to gather, and we are appreciative of your patience and understanding as we strive to do so safely.
On Sunday morning, if you have any symptoms of illness, we ask that you do not attend in-person worship, but rather worship with us by live streaming. Additionally, if you have yet to be vaccinated or by preexisting condition or age are vulnerable to COVID-19, we ask that you prayerfully consider participating via live stream.
The following guidelines will help to preserve the safety of worshippers, staff, and the greater Burlington community.
1. Everyone must wear a mask the entire time you are on campus. We request that you wear a 2-ply mask and not wear a gaiter. Please bring your own, although masks will be provided if someone forgets to bring it.
2. Please enter the Sanctuary ONLY through the front sanctuary doors.
3. Once inside the church, please observe 6 feet of sacred distance between the people around you.
4. Once in the narthex, please wait at the Sanctuary door for an usher to seat you.
5. Once seated, please do not change your seat and remain in your seat for the duration of the service.
6. Restrooms are available for emergency use only and limited to single occupancy. Restrooms are located under the narthex and in the hallway behind the chancel.
7. Bulletins will be in your seat. Please take your bulletin with you when leaving.
8. During worship, there will be no congregational singing. This follows current CDC recommendations.
9. In lieu of handshakes and hugs during the passing of the peace, we will exchange other sacred distanced signs of peace.
10. Online giving or mailed-giving is encouraged. Offering plates will be located at the exit doors.
11. When worship concludes, ushers will direct you (pew by pew from the back rows first and moving forward) to exit the sanctuary by the side aisles and through the narthex and out through the side narthex doors.
12. As you exit, we ask that you practice sacred distancing from those not in your own household and that you refrain from congregating before or after the service in the Sanctuary.
By following these protocols, we hope to provide a safe and faithful space to worship God. Thank you for your gracious cooperation.
SIGN UP AT THIS LINK: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0e4aa5ad2fa7fa7-fpcindoor